It's Advent Calendar week here at The Petit Cadeau Blog! Be sure to check out my other posts:
Filling Your Advent Calendar: Part 1 (Beautiful advent gifts and DIY projects that can be reused year after year).
Filling Your Advent Calendar: Part 3 (expanding on the ideas shared in this post.
UPDATE: I have created a new set of Advent Calendar/Holiday Countdown Activity Cards for the Holiday Season. They even have a sweet little DIY element (if you choose!) You can find them HERE.
Here's my list of advent activity ideas (most involving experiences instead of material gifts. You can incorporate some of them into your existing calendar (along with gifts), or you can start a whole new tradition of an advent calendar with family activities for the whole month of December - totally up to you!
1. Go for a drive to see the Christmas lights
2. Bake Christmas cookies
3. Read a new Christmas story (from the bookstore OR library)
4. Random Act of Kindness (do something for someone today that they are not expecting)
5. Make an ornament or decoration
6. Watch a special Christmas movie with treats
7. Shop for a gift for children less fortunate
8. Unwrap one present early
9. Have breakfast in bed
10. Write a letter to Santa
11. Put on your Christmas hat - we are delivering presents!
12. A special Christmas treat
13. Permission to stay up late. Bedtime:
14. Hot chocolate made especially for you
15. Today we are going to pick out the Christmas tree
16. New Christmas pyjamas
17. Today we decorate the Christmas tree.
18. Animals deserve a special treat too - today we feed the ducks!
19. Christmas colouring book
20. Let's make a snowman
21. Let's go sliding or ice skating
22. Your special Christmas pillowcase
23. Today we're making Christmas cards
24. Decorate the windows in your room
25. Invite a friend over today
26. Go to the library for some new Christmas stories
27. Listen to Christmas music
28. It's family game night!
29. A new pair of Christmas socks
30. Bundle up! We're going to the holiday parade
31. Learn about holidays in another culture
32. Pick out food to donate to the food bank
33. Decorate Gingerbread
34. Make a gift for someone special
Happy Early Christmas!
Want more inspiration?
(+) For creative holiday gift ideas, wrapping and card inspiration, be sure to visit my Pinterest boards.
(+) Find beautiful handmade holiday countdown calendars in my shop.
(+) Need inspiration for creative ways to celebrate? Join the 270 + subscribers of my monthly e-mail newsletter Thoughtful Celebrations - with exclusive content not found on the blog. Can't wait to see you there.